Last Updated: May 16, 2016
Overview and Definitions
ONVI’s premier product is Prophix, a video toothbrush that pairs wirelessly to an App using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, allowing users to:
- Watch a live video feed of their mouth while brushing their teeth, revealing spots they miss, among other things;
- Take pictures of areas of interest, such as their teeth, gums, mouth, and jaw, and build a record of any changes;
- Track progress toward oral health goals and see trends over time; and
- Receive tips to improve oral health care habits
- “App” means the ONVI mobile application.
- “Dentist” means dental professionals, and includes employees, agents, or third parties utilized by a dental professional.
- “Device” means the Prophix powered toothbrush, its accessories, and similar devices produced and sold by ONVI.
- “Personal Information” means information that identifies an individual.
- “Protected Health Information,” or (“PHI”), is individually identifiable health information which is created or received by a covered entity (for example, a health care provider or dentist) and which relates to past, present or future physical or mental health or condition of an individual, the provision of health care to an individual, or the past, present or future payment of the provision of health care to an individual. Protected Health Information is further defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and is subject to the protections of HIPAA.
- “Sensitive Personal Information” means any information about yourself or another person that may relate to health or medical conditions, social security/social insurance numbers or national identifiers, credit card (except to make a purchase), bank account or other financial information, other information concerning trade union membership, sex life, political opinions, criminal charges or convictions, religious or philosophical beliefs, racial or ethnic origin, or other sensitive matters.
- “Services” means the App, Devices, and Website, collectively.
- “User-Generated Content” means written messages, images captured by a Device, and other content, written or otherwise, that you enter or capture is generated while using the App, including images captured by a Device.
- “User Information” means your Personal Information, such as your name, e-mail address, address, and location, together with your Protected Health Information, such as brush session data, App session data, information about your use of the Device such as motor speed, and information about how you use and interact with the App.
- “User” means any individual who signs up for or uses the Services.
- “Visitor” means someone who visits the Website, but does not register for an account, download the App, or use the Devices.
- “You” means a User and/or Visitor.
- “Website” means the ONVI Internet website located at www.onvi.me and www.getprophix.com.
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
Things You Do and Information You Provide to Us
We also may send you information that we think may be of interest to you, such as our newsletter, events, contests, sweepstakes, incentive programs, and similar promotions. Additionally, we may display relevant advertisements or send marketing communications that we think may be of interest to you. Please note that we only will send you advertisements and direct marketing-related communications on the basis of PHI if you provide opt in consent. For any of these materials that are sent based on information other than PHI, you may opt out at any time by clicking on the link within any advertisement or marketing material you receive, sending us an e-mail, or writing to us at the address listed below.
Information About Payments
If you transact business with us, such as by purchasing or pre-registering for Devices, we collect information about the transactions. This includes your payment information, such as your name, telephone number, e-mail address, credit or debit card number, card type, expiration date, discount code, billing information, shipping information, and other related information. Although we use a third-party payment processor to facilitate any purchases made on our Website or App, we retain limited information in order to respond to fulfillment questions or inquiries, communicate with you about your account, and for other business purposes.
If you contact us via telephone, e-mail, fax, the postal service, our web form, through social media, or in any other way, we may retain the correspondence and the information it contains. This information may be used to respond to your inquiry, notify you of ONVI-related opportunities, for marketing purposes, or for other business purposes. If you do not wish to receive notifications about ONVI-related opportunities, or otherwise want to restrict the use of information you provide to us, please send us an e-mail or write to us at the address listed below.
Information from Other Sources
We may combine information that you give us with other information about you from other sources, such as vendors, service providers, business partners, health care providers (such as Dentists), and other third partners, transactions, and communications. This may include, but is not limited to, information from co-marketing partners, product referrals, and or other interactions. We also may combine that information with data that is publicly available and data from third parties. We also collect information about gift recipients provided by the giver. This information may be used to provide you with information that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive these notifications, please send us an e-mail or write to us at the address listed below.
Information About Others
We may collect Personal Information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name and email address. For example, we may allow Users to refer friends or Dentists to ONVI. We may store this information to help us recruit additional Users and/or Dentists.
We may collect information related to the physical location of your Devices and/or the mobile telephone on which the App is installed, including: GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, satellite, and cell tower IDs. We may collect this type of data to provide personalized location-based services, such as identifying a dentist with an office location near your Device’s location when the App is accessed. We may aggregate this information to display usage trends. For example, we may aggregate search results and trends in a particular geographic area and display those aggregate results.
We also may share the physical location of your Device and/or mobile telephone on which the App is installed, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Additionally, we may share de-identified location-based information for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of such information, but if you choose to deny permission for such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Information Automatically Collected During Visits
We automatically collect information about everyone who visits our Website, regardless of whether they create an account on ONVI’s Website. This includes log data that automatically records information about your visit, such as your browser type, operating system, the URL of the page that referred you, the different actions you performed, and the IP address you used to access pages on the Website. We use this information to administer the Website, analyze trends, provide you with an experience that is relevant to your location based on the IP address, gather information about visitor movements, help diagnose potential problems with our server, investigate actual or potential security incidents, and ensure the Website is working properly. We also automatically collect information related to your operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, device identifier, language, the name and version of the software application you are using. We use this information for purposes such as ensuring that the App functions properly and to understand usage of the App.
We may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Website and App, and to personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer or mobile device for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your devices until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Website and App. These cookies may be delivered by us or by third parties.
We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your interaction with us to present you with opportunities to purchase ONVI products. Retargeting cookies also are used to present you with ONVI advertising on other websites based on your interaction on our Website and/or App and other websites.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell web sites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, and we currently are not able to respond to those signals.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We do not reveal your User Information, User-Generated Content, Personal Information, or Sensitive Personal Information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- We may transfer your information to our agents, third parties, or service providers to conduct our business. For example, third parties and service providers working with us may handle credit card processing, shipping, customer service, data management, e-mail distribution, market research, information analysis, promotions management, social media marketing, and similar services. We may use cloud service providers to host our App and store data, and these service providers inform us that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of the information within their system.
- We share your User-Generated Content, including any PHI it contains, with third parties when you direct us to, for example in messages, conversations, or on profile pages. We do not share PHI with any third party that has not executed an acceptable Business Associate Agreement.
- We may transfer your information in order to comply with the law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., search warrant, subpoena or court order), or governmental or regulatory request; to enforce or comply with the Terms of Service; to protect the security or integrity of the ONVI Services; to enforce an agreement we have with you; or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others;
- We may transfer your information to address emergencies or acts of God;
- We may transfer your information in anticipation of and in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger, or amalgamation of all or part of our business or operations;
We also may share or sell aggregated, de-identified data with partners and the public in a variety of ways, such as by providing research or reports about dental health. When we provide this information, we perform appropriate procedures so that the data does not identify you and we contractually prohibit recipients of the data from re-identifying it back to you.
If we go through a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may share your personal information which likely will be among the assets transferred.
We are committed to taking reasonable efforts to secure the information that you choose to provide to us, and we use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect against unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. All PHI you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) in transit, and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) technology while stored at rest. ONVI protects the confidentiality of information it receives by adhering to the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and HIPAA Security rule. We restrict access to User Information, Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and PHI to certain individuals and organizations that need to know the information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. We are committed to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
Even though we take reasonable steps to secure your information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of information that you provide to us. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us by sending us an email or writing to us at the address listed below, indicating in the subject line that you are making a “Security” inquiry.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please email us or write to us at the address listed below, and indicate in the subject line that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
The Services are not intended for use by or targeted at children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 13. We may provide links to third-party websites that allow children under the age of 13 to register for use of the website, or are targeted at children under 13. In such instances, the third-parties are responsible for ensuring that their websites comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.
Visiting our Website from Outside the United States
Inapplicability of Privacy Policies of Any Linked Websites or Other Third Parties
Choices and Access
You have choices about how we use and disclose your User Information, Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and PHI in connection with marketing efforts. For example, we will not use or share your PHI for marketing purposes unless you opt in. You may unsubscribe from our other marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, or by sending us an e-mail at the address listed below. For California residents, please consult the “Your Privacy Rights” section above for additional considerations.
If you have previously opted in to the use and sharing of PHI for marketing purposes, and wish to change your preferences, you may do so by sending an e-mail at the address listed below. Please note that if we receive your opt out request after having shared your information with a third party for direct marketing purposes or having otherwise transferred or disposed of your information, we may not have the ability to control the use of such information by any third party. If you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we still may send you service-related communications.
We retain User Information, Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and PHI as long as we consider it potentially useful for business purposes. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
How You Can Access and Change Your Information
You can update or correct your information, or remove it from our system by making a request to us at the contact information provided below. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation of why access has been denied.
Conditions of Use
1159 Wilmette Ave., Suite 200
Wilmette, IL 60091